- Fresh Corn Cob – 2 Nos
- Carrot – 1 No
- Tomato – 1
- Fresh coconut gratings – 4 tablespoons
- Green Chillies – 4 Nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad Dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida Powder – a pinch
- Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut the corn cobs into two and put in a pressure cooker along a pinch of salt and cook for two to three whistles. When it is cooled, remove the corn kernels from the cob.
- Slit the green chillies into four lengthwise. Scrap the skin from carrot and grate it. Chop curry leaves into tiny pieces. Cut tomato lengthwise into thin strips. Use only skin portion and remove the inner seed portion. Or use cherry tomato.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, add urad dhal and asafotida powder and fry till the dhal turns light brown. Add slit green chillies and curry leaves. Stir it. Add grated carrot. Stir fry for one to two minutes. Now Add cooked corn and mix well. Then add salt and coconut gratings, tomato pieces, lemon juice and mix everything well and remove immediately.
- Note:Instead of fresh corns, you can use frozen corn kernels also.
- Tips: You can add little mango gratings and chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.