- Mixed Sprouts – 1 cup
- Red Chillies – 3 to 4
- Curry leaves – few
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida – a pinch
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook the sprouted grams in open vessel by adding little water with a pinch of salt. Do not overcook. (You can also microwave it for few minutes).
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, add urad dhal, red chillies broken into pieces along with asafotida powder, coconut gratings and curry leaves. Fry for a while. Add cooked gram along with a pinch of salt. Mix well. Add a tablespoon of fresh coconut gratings as garnishing.
- Note: Mixed sprouts are readily available in Vegetable Stores. You can buy it or you can sprout it by yourself at home.
- Soak a cup of whole grams (whatever available at home like “Kondai Kadaladi, Mochai, Dry Peas, Green Gram, Horse Gram, whole black Urad, Rajma, etc) in water for atleast 12 hours. Wash well and put it in a muslin cloth and tie it like a bundle. Hang it for another 10 to 12 hours in a warm place. When you open the bundle you will see all the grams are sprouted well. (If you are living in a cold place, then it will take more time and you can sprinkle little water over the bundle and keep it for more time. Or you can put the soaked gram in a hot pack and keep it).