- 2 cups Ragi flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 Big onion
- 4 green chillies
- 1 small piece fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons – Peanut
- Two pinches of asafoetida powder
- 2 teaspoon salt(or as per taste)
- One spring curry leaves
- Oil for deep frying
- First chop onion, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves finely.
- In a broad vessel add the ragi flour, rice flour and then add chopped onion, chillies, ginger, curry leaves, asafoetida powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Heat one or two tablespoons of oil and add the hot oil in the flour. Mix it well using a spoon. Sprinkle handful of water and make a loose dough. Put this dough little by little into hot oil and deep fry till it is crisp. Since the colour will be dark, we cannot judge whether it is fried well or not. So fry the first batch for few minutes till sizzling sound subsidizes. Note down the frying time. Normally on medium flame it will take four to five minutes. Fry the remaining dough also for the same time.
- After frying all the pakoda, put few curry leaves in the hot oil and immediately remove it. Put the fried curry leaves on the top of pakoda for garnishing.