- Spinach – a small bunch
- Cucumber – 1 small
- Water – 4 cups
- Butter or ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh ginger – small piece
- Garlic flakes – 2 (small size)
- Salt and pepper powder as required
- Separate spinack leaves from the stem. Remove the skin and seeds from cucumber. Cut it into small pieces. Chop the ginger.
- In a pan put the butter and add garlic chopped finely. Fry for a while. Then add spinach, ginger and cucumber pieces. Stir it well. Add water and bring to boil. Cook till the spinach is tender. Cool it. Grind it to a fine puree and strain it. Put it back in a pan and heat it. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder and serve hot.