- Carrot big – 2 Nos (Grate finely)
- Sugar equal to the measure of the carrot gratings
- Ghee – 4 or 5 tablespoon
- Cashew Nuts – 8 to 10 Nos
- Cardamom 4 large – powdered
- In a thick bottomed kadai (frying pan), put one or two tablespoon ghee and fry the carrot gratings till it’s raw smell goes away. Fry the cashew nuts also in a little ghee and keep aside.
- Melt sugar in sufficient water (for 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup water is sufficient) till it reaches one string consistency. Add the carrot to this and stir well. Add ghee now and then, till the mixture leaves the sides of the vessel. Add fried cashew nuts and powdered cardamom to this. Mix well and pour it in a greased plate. Cut into desired shape.
- Note:For one big carrot, you will get one to one and half cup fine grating and four pieces of carrot burfi.
- For the above quantity you will get 8 to 10 small pieces.