- Carrot – 1
- Semiya (Vermicelli) – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 litre (2 big glasses)
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cashew Nuts – 15 Nos
- Raisins – few
- Cardamom Powder – 2 pinches
- Ghee – 1 or 2 teaspoons
- Wash and peel the skin from the carrot and cut it into medium size pieces. Cook the carrot in little water till it become soft. Allow to cool and then grind it to a paste.
- In a kadai put a teaspoon of ghee and fry cashew nuts and raisins. Keep it aside.
- Same kadai put the semiya (Vermicelli) and fry till hot to touch. Add a cup of boiling water and cook till it is soft.
- In a thick bottomeed vessel, pour the milk and bring to boil. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and add the cooked semiya and stir well. Then add the carrot paste and sugar. Stir well and allow to cook for few more minutes on low flame. Finally add cardamom powder, fried cashew and raisins.
- Serve warm or cold.