- Javvarisi (Sago) – 1 cup
- Coconut Gratings – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Cardamom Powder – a pinch
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Wash the Sago in water for 2 to 3 times. Put it in a bowl and sprinkle a handul of water. Close with a lid and allow to soak for 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl put the coconut gratings and add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Now, add salt to the soaked sago and knead it to a thick dough. If you find it difficult to make the dough, just put the soaked sago in a mixie and run for two to three rounds and make the dough.
- Take a lemon size dough and make a cup (like making for Modak) and put a teaspoon of coconut stuffing and close it and make a ball. Finish all the dough like this.
- Put the balls in the idli or kozhukattai plate and steam it for 15 minutes.