- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Jaggery powdered – 1 cup
- Coconut gratings – ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Fry the rice flour in a dry kadai till nice aroma comes out and keep aside.
- Add 2 cups water to the jaggery and bring to boil. When it starts boiling, remove it and strain it.
- Put the jaggery water in a thick bottomed vessel and again bring to boil. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and slowly add fried rice flour and stir continuously. Then add coconut gratings and cardamom powder and mix well till it forms a thick dough. Remove and cool it.
- Apply little ghee in your palm. Take out a small lemon size dough and make a ball. Keep it in your palm just press it by your fingers. Finish all the dough like this. Grease idli plate with ghee and keep the kozhukattai in the idli plate and steam it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Note:You can also add a tablespoon of fried green gram dhal powder to the rice flour and make the kozhukattai.