- Ragi flour – 2 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Jaggery Powder – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Fresh coconut gratings – 1 cup
- Cashew Nuts – 10 Nos
- Raisin – 1 tablespoon
- Cardamon powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ghee – 2 teaspoons
- Put jaggery in a bowl and add 1/4 cup water and stir well till the jaggery powder completely dissolved in water. Strain the jaggery water so that any mud and dust will be removed.
- Put ragi flour, milk, coconut gratings, cardamom powder in a bowl. Add jaggery water and mix well and make a thick batter. If necessary add little milk to make the batter like idli batter.
- In a kadai put the ghee and fry cashew nuts and raisins and pour over the batter. Stir well.
- Grease the idli plates with ghee and pour the batter and steam it in idli cooker for ten to twelve minutes.
- Can be eaten as it is or serve with fresh butter