- Lemon – 8 Nos
- Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Asafotida powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek powder – 1/2 teaspoon (Dry roast fenugreek and powder it)
- Salt – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Gingelly oil – 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Cut four lemons into desired size small pieces and put it in a ceramic jar/bowl. Squeeze the remaining four lemons over the cut lemon pieces. Add salt and mix well. Close with a lid and keep it for a day. Next day stir it once again and keep it for one more day. By this time the lemon pieces absorb the lemon juice and become little soft.
- Third day, sprinkle chilli powder, asafotida powder, fenugreek powder and mix well. Heat oil in a kadai and when it is hot add mustard. After it pops up, remove and pour the hot oil over the lemon pieces. Mix everything well and transfer it to a bowl.
- Note:It will stay good for one to two weeks. We can reduce the oil quantity if we use the pickle immediately.
- In US, only green colour lemons are sold in bags. I used the green lemons and once it is soaked for two days, the colour of the skin changed and tastes good with curd rice.