- Beans – 200 grams
- Milk – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Garlic flakes – 10 Nos
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Sombu (aniseeds) – 1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash and slit the beans lengthwise into two pieces. Then cut it into 2 to 3 inch lengthwise pieces.
- Chop the onion and garlic lengthwise.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add aniseeds (sombu). Then add curry leaves, chopped onion and garlic and fry for a while. Then add beans pieces and stir fry for five minutes on medium flame. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and add milk. Close with a lid and cook on medium heat till the milk is absorbed and the beans is soft.
- This curry goes well with fried rice/chapathi and toasted bread.