- Brinjal (Medium size) – 3 to 4
- Sambar podi – 1 teaspoon heaped
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Wash and cut the brinjals into ¼ inch thick round pieces and put it in water.
- Wash well and take out from water and put it in a broad vessel. Add salt, asafoetida, turmeric and sambar powder. Sprinkle little water and mix well. Keep aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In a flat non-stick tawa put the oil and when it is hot, arrange the brinjal pieces in a sinngle layer. Cover with lid. Cook on low flame for five to ten minutes stirring (actually you have to turn the pieces gently) now and then. Remove the lid and turn the brinjal pieces and keep it on low flame on stove till it is dry.
- It can be served as a side dish for rice dishes. You can also keep this fried pieces in between grilled bread slices and serve as a sandwitch.