- Cauliflower – 1 (medium size)
- Chilli flakes – 2 teaspoons
- Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic flakes – 5 to 6 (small size)
- Tomato puree – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mint leaves or spring onion – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut the cauliflower and separate the florets. Put the cauliflower florets in boiling water along with little salt and allow to boil for few seconds and remove it. Keep it aside.
- Chop garlic finely. Chop mint leaves or spring onion.
- Put oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and fry for few seconds. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and continue to fry till the water is absorbed. Add cauliflower along with 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and fry for few seconds. Then add chilli flakes and salt and mix it well. Then add tomato puree and mix it well. Add chopped mint leaves or spring onion and fry till it is dry. Finally add the pepper powder and toss it well and remove.
- Note: You can use tomato ketchup also instead of tomato puree. If you do not have the puree, then put a fully riped one big tomato in the boiling water for five minutes. Remove the skin and cool it. Then grind it to a fine puree.
- If you do not have chilli flakes – put 3 to 4 red chillies in a mixie and coarsely grind it.