- Spinach – a small bunch
- Thuvar Dhal – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Garlic flakes – 2 (small size)
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 5 cups
- Mint leaves – few
- Almond sliced into thin flakes – few
- Salt and pepper powder as required
- Remove the spinach leaves from the stem and wash it well. Take one big bowl of leaves and keep aside.
- Chop carrot, onion and garlic.
- Cook thuvar dhal in a pressure cooker till soft.
- In a thick bottomed vessel put the oil and when it is hot add chopped onion and garlic and fry for few seconds. Add carrot pieces and saute for two to three minutes. Then add spinach leaves and mix it well. Add the cooked dhal along with the water and allow to cook for few minutes. Remove and blend it well. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add few mint leaves and almond flakes. Serve hot.
- Note: If you use mixie for blending, then allow the content to cool. Strain the water and keep it aside. Put the residue in the mixie and grind it well. Strain this and add it to the reserved water and bring to boil. This way, we will get clear soup.