- Green Banana – 1
- Sambar podi – 1 teaspoon heaped
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Tamarind – Gooseberry size OR tamarind paste one teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Remove the skin from banana and cut it into ¼ inch thick round pieces and put it in water.
- Soak tamarind in little water and extract thick juice or use tamarind paste.
- Wash the banana pieces well and take out from water and put it in a broad vessel. Add salt, turmeric and sambar powder and tamarind extract. Sprinkle little water and mix well. Keep aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot, add the banana pieces and stir well. Separate each piece and cover with lid. Cook on low flame for five to ten minutes stirring (actually you have to turn the pieces gently) now and then. Remove the lid and turn the banana pieces and keep it on low flame on stove till it is dry and crispy.