Wheat Rawa AdaiCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A dish made with wheat that is served for breakfast or as a snack.
Wheat rawa – 1 cup
Thuvar Dhal – 1/2 cup
Urad dhal – 1 tablespoon
Green Gram Dhal – 2 tablespoons
Bengal Gram dhal – 2 tablespoons
Red Chillies – 4 Nos
Asafotida powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Onion – 1 No
Curry Leaves – few
Carrot, Capsicum chopped finely – 1/4 cup (optional)
Gingelly Oil – as required
- Soak all the dals in water for about 3 to 4 hours. Soak separately wheat rawa in enough water (just to cover the rawa) along with red chillies.
- Grind the soaked wheat rawa along with red chillies, asafoetida and salt to a fine paste.
- Wash the soaked dals and drain the water. Grind to a coarse paste.
- Add the wheat rawa paste to the dhal paste. Chop the onion and curry leaves finely. Add to the batter. Add chopped vegetables also. Add little water if required to make the batter little thicker than dosa batter.
- Heat Dosa Tawa. Grease it. Pour a big ladle of batter in the middle of the tawa and spread evenly. Pour oil around the corners. Cook on medium flame. Flip over and cook other side also till it become nice brown.
- Serve with any desired chutney.