- Coconut gratings – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 2 to 3 strings
- Red chilli – 4 to 5 Nos
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Urad dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry size (or you can use one teaspoon tamarind paste)
- Asafotida – a small pea size (If you do not have hard one, you can use asafetida powder)
- Salt – ¾ teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Mustard and curry leaves for seasoning
- In a kadai put the oil and fry asafetida, dhals and red chillies. Add tamarind and fry for a while. Then add curry leaves and keep the stove to minimum. Fry the curry leaves for few seconds. Add coconut and switch off the stove. Cool it. Add salt and grind to a paste.
- Season it with mustard and curry leaves.
- Also See:Tomato Curry Leaves Chutney