- Peanut (Verkadalai) – 1 cup
- White Til seeds – 1/4 cup
- Red Chillies – 6 to 7
- Asafotida – A small piece
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon or as per taste
- In a kadai put the peanuts (you can use it with the skin or without – I used it with the pink skin) and dry fry till it is hot to touch. Remove. Then put the til seeds and dry fry till it starts crackling. Remove. Same kadai put the asafetida and red chillies and fry just for few seconds and remove.
- Cool it and put everything together with salt and grind it to a coarse powder.
- This Podi (powder) can be mixed with hot rice and make Pea Nut Rice. This will also be taken along with idli/dosa.