- Ginger – 4 to 5 big pieces
- Red Chillies – 8 to 10
- Fenugreek – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 2 teaspoons
- Tamarind – lemon size
- Jaggery – lemon size
- Salt – 2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Wash the ginger, scrap the skin and cut it into small pieces.
- Soak tamarind in little hot water.
- In a kadai put the fenugreek and dry fry till it become slightly pink. Do not over fry. Remove and powder it.
- Put the oil in a kadai and when it is hot, add ginger pieces and fry till it slightly changes its colour. Remove and keep it aside.
- Same kadai, add mustard and when it pops up, add red chillies and fry just for a second and remove.
- First Grind ginger, soaked tamarind (along with the water in which it is soaked), jaggery to a fine paste. Before removing, add seasoned mustard and red chillies along with fenugreek powder, salt and grind it once again.
- Note:If you do not want, you can omit jaggery. In that case, you can reduce the chillies.