- Green Apple – 1 (Sour type)
- Gingelly oil – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafotida – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cut the apple with skin into small pieces. Add red chilli powder and mix well. Leave it aside.
- Dry fry the fenugreek seeds and powder it. Add salt and fenugreek powder to the apple. In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add asafotida powder and immediately remove from stove and pour over the apple. Mix well.
- Note: This is similar to “Vendhaya Manga”. Instead of raw mango, we are using sour green apple and goes well with curd rice. Can be stored for a couple of days only.