- Brinjal – 2
- Spinach – 1/2 bunch
- Black Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek (Vendhayam) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin (Jeeragam) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chillies – 2
- Asafoetida Powder – 2 pinches
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut the brinjals lengthwise medium size pieces.
- Wash and chop the spinach.
- In a dry kadai put the pepper and fry till hot to touch. Same kadai put the fenugreek and fry till it become light brown. Powder both the fried pepper and fenugreek coarsely.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it starts pop up add cumin, red chillies and asafoetida powder.
- Then add the brinjal pieces and stir fry for few minutes. Sprinkle a handful of water and allow to cook for few more minutes.
- Then add spinach and mix well. Stir fry till the spinach is cooked well.
- Finally add salt, pepper and fenugreek powder and mix well and remove.
This curry can be served with rice. It also goes well with chapati.