- Kothavarankai – 100 gm
- Green Gram Dhal – two tablespoon
- Coconut gratings – 1 tablespoon
- Sambar powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – half teaspoon
- Asafotida Powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves few
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Wash and cut the Kothavankai into small pieces. Cook green gram dhal (not too soft 3/4th cooked)and drain the excess water.
- Put the kothavankai into a vessel and add sambar powder, turmeric and salt and add enough water to cover the vegetable. Cook till the vegetable is soft. Drain the excess water.
- In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add asafotida powder and curry leaves and fry for a while. Put the cooked vegetable along with cooked dhal. Stir well. Add coconut gratings finally and mix well.