- Cooked rice – 1 bowl (enough to serve 2)
- Pineapple (cut into small cubes) – 1 cup
- Onion – Half
- Fresh ginger – a small piece
- garlic flakes (small size) – 3 to 4
- Coriander Leaves – few
- Mint Leaves chopped – few
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper crushed coarsely – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Chop onion, ginger, garlic, coriander leaves and mint leaves finely.
- In a thick bottomed pan (kadai) add the oil and the pineapple pieces. Fry for a few minutes. Add ginger and garlic and fry for few seconds. Add onion and fry till it become transparent. Add chopped coriander and mint leaves and stir well. Add red chilli powder and salt. Mix it well. Sprinkle two or three handful of water. Close with a lid and cook on low flame for few seconds. Open the lid and stir it well till all the water is absorbed. Add cooked rice and sprinkle pepper powder. Keep the stove on high and stir it just for ten counts. Remove. Add lemon juice and mix it well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with any desired gravy/kurma.