- Besan flour – 2 and half cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Chilli powder – Half teaspoon
- Asafotida powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Jeera powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Kesari or yellow colour – a pinch
- Oil for deep frying
- Any desired vegetable – (Green plantain, brinjal, potato, onion, green chilly)
Note: Any desired vegetable – (You can use Green plantain, brinjal, potato, onion, green chilly. You can even make bajji with apple, chow chow, tomato, bread slices cut into small squares)
Slice the vegetable. Make a thick batter (like dosa batter) by mixing all the above ingredients ( except oil) by adding water little by little.
Heat the oil in a kadai. Take a slice of the vegetable and dip in the batter and gently leave it to the hot oil. Fry till it becomes golden colour.
If you use green plantain, slice it lengthwise, to get a long size bajji.