- Maida – 1 cup
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Asafotida Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Butter or Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix maida, red chilli powder, asafetida, butter and salt. Add water little by little and make a soft dough. Make into lemon size balls and roll out to a very thin large chappathis. Cut it into small diamond or square shape strips using sharp knife.
- Heat oil in a kadai. When it is hot, take out gently the maida strips and put it in the oil. Fry till it is crisp.
- Store it in an air-tight container.
- For Sweet Thukkada Check Here.