- Pottu Kadalai – 1/2 cup
- Besan – 2 tablespoons
- Khus Khus – 1 teaspoon
- Ani seeds (sombu) – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew Nuts – few
- Chopped onion – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Chopped green chilli – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- In a mixe add Pottu Kadalai (also known as “Chutney Dhal” or “Fried Gram”), khus khus, ani seeds, cashew nuts together and grind it to a coarse powder. Remove and put it in a broad vessel. Add besan, chopped onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, coconut gratings and salt. Mix well. Sprinkle little water and make a thick dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Keep the stove in medium flame. Take out a lemon size dough and make a ball. Flatten it and put it in the oil. Put three to four at a time and fry on medium heat till it become golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce.