- Maida (Plain) flour – 1 cup
- Milk Powder – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Cardamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kesar Colour – a pinch
- In a kadai put little ghee and fry the maida till nice aroma comes.
- In another vessel put 1 cup water and add sugar and make one string consistency syrup. Add fried maida, milk powder and mix well. Stir continuously and add the remaining ghee to it. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the vessel. Add cardamom powder, Kesar Colour and mix once again. Transfer this to a greased plate and cool it. Cut it into desired shape.
- Note: With the above recipe, instead of kesar colour and cardamom, we can add different food colour and food essence and make the following Burfies:
- 1. Orange Burfi – Orange colour and orange flavour
- 2. Rose Burfi – Pink colour and Rose essence
- 3. Lemon Burfi – Yellow colour and lemon essence
- 4. Pista Burfi – Green colour and kevra essence
- 5. Vanila Burfi – No colour – only vanila essence
- The above Burfies are mostly served in weddings.
Hi Kamala…Your recipes are too good. Can u please tell me thick syrup means what? confirm if it is one string or two string consistency..Thanks, anu
Can u please tell me thick syrup means what? confirm if it is one string or two string consistency for maida burfi..
It is one string consistency.
CAN I USE BADAM KHEER FLAVOUR ESEENCE FOR MAIDA BURFI???
Yes. You can use Badam Kheer Flavour for Maida Bufi.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY.
i love ur recepes,especially wheat halwa,thanx
hi i hav also tried ur chutnys,it tastes yummmy
i want to know how do v prepare [email protected] sweet as well as karam,can v make it with chana daal, fry well n powder it ???????plz tell me na
Hi Mrs Amin,
Both sweet and kara boondi is made from besan flour (channa dhal powder) which is sold in shops. You can buy readymade powder or you can send the chana dhal to Flour Mill and make the flour. However frying the dhal and making powder will not be as good as the fine powder we get it in the market.
Hello Kamala akka,
could you please be more specific as to how long the maida should initially be fried in ghee to get it to that aromatic stage. I am looking for a rough estimate. Thank you very much.
This is also same like besan burfi. Initial frying will take approx 5 to 6 minutes and to reach the burfi stage it will take approx 30 minutes.
Hi Kamala, i found ur receipes too good and also tried few of them. i just love ur site. can u pls tell for maida barfi is it ok making by without milk powder does it taste good or is it compulsory….
Thank you for your kind words. You can prepare Maida Burfi without milk powder too. The purpose of adding milk powder is to get taste like Milk sweets.
Can you please give me the measurements, if incase I want to use milk instead of milk powder.
You can use a cup of milk, but you have to cook it for slightly longer time to get the desired consistency.