- Pottukadalai (Fried gram) – 1 cup
- Ellu (Til seeds) – 1 cup
- Jaggery powdered – 1 cup
- cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Add the pottukadalai in a mixie and powder it finely.
- In a kadai add the Ellu and dry fry till it starts crackling. Remove from kadai and let it cool. Then grind in a mixie for two or three seconds.
- Add powdered jaggery and grind it again for a few seconds.
- Finally add the Pottukadalai powder and cardamom powder and run the mixie again for one or two seconds. Remove the contents and make small lemon size balls.
This Pottukadalai Ellu (Til seeds) Urundai is a quick recipe and is served as prasad for Navaratri festival.