- Pottukadalai (Fried gram) – 1 cup
- Ellu (Til seeds) – 1 cup
- Jaggery powdered – 1 cup
- cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Add the pottukadalai in a mixie and powder it finely.
- In a kadai add the Ellu and dry fry till it starts crackling. Remove from kadai and let it cool. Then grind in a mixie for two or three seconds.
- Add powdered jaggery and grind it again for a few seconds.
- Finally add the Pottukadalai powder and cardamom powder and run the mixie again for one or two seconds. Remove the contents and make small lemon size balls.
This Pottukadalai Ellu (Til seeds) Urundai is a quick recipe and is served as prasad for Navaratri festival.
pottukadalai is chutney dal. it is shown as til in your narrative below the foto.
[email protected] 022 22625970
Dear Mr Venkat,
This dish is prepared with Pottukadalai (Chutney dal) and Til seeds (Ellu). Hence relative posts are showing Til recipes.
Jaggery added to the movie in which we have just powdered til seeds. ? Or should we put in seperate contained all 3 powder and then mix at the end
No need to put it in separate containers. First powder Pottu kadalai and remove. Same mixie put the fried till and grind it. Add jaggery to the powdered til and run the mixie. Finally add the pottu kadalai powder and run the mixie for two to three rounds so that everything will blend in the mixie itself.
Madam white til or black til
White til. You can also use black til. However, if you use white til, Urundai will be white.
How long can we store and use ?