- Wheat Rawa – 1 cup
- Green Gram Dhal – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery powdered – 1 and half to 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Cashew Nuts – few
- Raisins – few
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- In a kadai add wheat rawa and dry fry for few minutes. Remove. Same kadai add the green gram dhal and dry fry that too until light brown.
- Put both the fried wheat rawa and green gram dhal in a pressure cooker and add 3 cups of water. Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Add half cup water to jaggery and bring to boil. When it starts boiling, remove from stove and strain it.
- Open the cooker and mix the cooked rawa and dhal. Add jaggery syrup and keep it on low flame. Mix well. Allow to cook till it blends well with the jaggery syrup and it become thick.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisin in the ghee and add it to the Pongal. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Remove from stove.