- Semiya (Vermicelli) – 2 cups
- Curd – 2 cup
- Bengal gram dhal – 2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 2 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Red Chillies – 2
- Greem chillies – 3
- Fresh ginger – a small pice
- Asafotida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Cucumber – one small piece
- Carrot grated – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Boil 6 cups of water and add the semiya along with 1 tsp oil, and salt. After semiya is cooked , remove from flame, strain and run cold water through it. Keep aside.
- Chop curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, and grate ginger.
- Cut cucumber to bite size pieces.
Beat the curd and add cucumber pieces, chopped green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, grated ginger and salt.
- Then add cooked vermicelli. Mix well.
- Season it with mustard and asafotida.
- Garnish with grated carrot.