- Brinjal – 2
- Capsicum – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Big Onion – 1
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Power – 1/4 teaspoon
- Tamarind Juice – 1 or 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida Powder – 2 pinches
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut brinjal into lengthwise slices.
- Cut capsicum also to the same size.
- Chop onion and tomato finely.
- In a kadai put oil. When it is hot add mustard and cumin seeds. Add asafetida powder and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it become transculant.
- Add tomato pieces and fry till it mashed well.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and add tamarind juice.
- Now first add the brinjal pieces and stir fry for few minutes.
- Then add capsicum pieces and mix well.
- Sprinkle a handful of water and close with a lid. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame.
- When it is cooked well and looks dry remove.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
This curry can be served with rice. It also goes well with chapati.