- Rajma – 1/2 cup
- Brinjal – 2 to 3 Nos
- Onion – 1 Big
- Tomato – 1 Big
- Sambar powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – one tablespoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Soak rajma over night or atleast 8 hours in water.
- Pressure cook for two to three whistles.
- Cut the brinjals lengthwise and put it in water. Chop the onion and tomato finely.
- In a kadai put oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add jeera and fry for a while and then add chopped onion, curry leaves and fry till onion turns transparent. Add chopped tomatos and fry for a while. Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Add brinjal pieces, cooked rajma and sprinkle little water. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Cook until the brinjals are soft and the curry is dry.