- Maida – 2 cups
- Curd – 1 cup
- Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Jeeragam (Cumin) – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilly – 2
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Asafotida Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- A pinch of cooking soda
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Chop ginger and green chillies finely.
- Put Maida in a bowl. Add black pepper, Jeeragam (Cumin), asafotida powder, chopped green chillies and ginger. Add curd and mix well. Add cooking soda and salt. Add little buttermilk or water if necessary and make a loose dough, like Medhu Vada Dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai. When it is hot, take a lemon size dough and drop in the oil. You can drop four to five at a time. Fry in the oil till it become golden brown.
- Serve with onion chutney.