- Red apple (big size) – 3 Nos
- Sugar – One and half cups
- Ghee – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashewnuts – few
- Kesar Powder or Orange red colour – little
- Clean the apples with water and then wipe it dry. Peel the skin and remove the seeds. Cut it into medium size pieces. Put it in a mixer and grind it to a fine pulp.
- In a thick bottomed kadai (preferably non-stick kadai) add one teaspoon ghee and then fry the cashew nuts on the melted ghee.
- Now remove the fried cashews from the kadai and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai add the remaining ghee and then add the apple pulp.
- Fry it on medium flame until the water content in the pulp is evaporated and the pulp becomes slightly thick. (It will take 10 to 15 minutes).
- Now add sugar to the pulp and mix well. While stirring the pulp continuously add the food colour until it leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Now add cardamom powder and the fried cashew nuts that was prepared earlier.
- Finally mix everything well and transfer it to a greased bowl.
You can serve it with a spoon or cut it into squares. You will get approximately 15 pieces.
Instead of grinding the apples, you can grate it and follow the above method. The halwa will look like this: