- Fully ripe papaya – Half
- Orange – 2
- Sugar – 2 cups or as required
- Ghee – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Cardamom Powder – a pinch
- Cashew Nuts – 10 Nos
- Remove the skin and seeds from papaya. Cut it into medium size pieces.
- Take out juice from the oranges.
- Put the papaya pieces in a mixie and grind it to a puree. Measure this and add equal or 3/4th amount of sugar. Put it in a kadai and cook on medium flame till it thickens. Then slowly add the orange juice and stir well and cook till the juice is blended well. When the halwa become thick and leaves the sides of the vessel, add ghee and mix it. Finally add cardamom powder and cashew nuts (no need to fry). Stir once again and remove.
- Note: We can prepare this in microwave oven also. Put everything in a microwave safe vessel and microwave it till it thickens. Ensure to take it out now and then and give a stir. Finally add ghee and microwave it for few seconds.