- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Jaggery powdered – 1/2 cup
- Coconut grated – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Raisins – a handful
- Ghee – 4 to 5 teaspoons
- Put jaggery in a vessel and add two cups of water. Bring to boil. When jaggery completely dissolved, remove and strain it.
- Put it back on the stove and allow to boil. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and add ragi flour little by little and stir well. Stir continuously till it thickens. Remove and keep aside.
- In a teaspoon of ghee fry raisins and coconut gratings for few seconds and add to the ragi dough. Add cardamom powder also. Grease your fingers with little ghee and knead it to a soft dough. Make orange sized balls. For the above quantity you will get 4 balls.
- Heat a tawa. Flatten the ragi balls with your fingers to a thin round. Put it in the tawa and pour a teaspoon of ghee around it. Cook both sides for few seconds and remove.
- Check here for Spicy Ragi Adai.