- Coconut gratings – 1 cup
- Red chilli – 4 Nos
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Urad dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry size
- Asafotida – a small pea size (If you do not have hard one, you can use asafetida powder)
- Salt – ¾ teaspoon
- Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Mustard and curry leaves for seasoning
- In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and fry separately asafetida, dhals and red chillies. Remove it and add coconut, tamarind and salt and grind to a paste. Season it with mustard and curry leaves.
- Note: Instead of red chillies, you can use green chillies also.