- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Coconut gratings – 1/2 cup
- Bengal Gram Dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Urad Dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Asafotida – Pea size
- Green chillies – 4 Nos
- Fresh ginger – A small piece
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry size
- Salt – ¾ teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Chop coriander leaves. Peel the skin from ginger and cut it into small pieces. Slit the green chillies.
- In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and fry asafotida, bengal gram dhal and urad dhal till it turn golden brown. Remove. In the same kadai put one more teaspoon of oil and add tamarind, ginger and green chillies and fry for few seconds. Then add coconut gratings and fry till it is dry. Finally add chopped coriander leaves and fry for few seconds. Remove and cool it.
- Mix all the fried dhals and other ingredients along with salt. Grind it to a paste by adding little water.
- This Chutney can also be prepared in the following variations:
- Coriander Leaves Chutney (Plain) –Method 1
- Coriander Leaves Chutney – Method 2