- Onion – 1
- Peanut – 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies – 4
- Tamarind – Gosseberry size
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- Asfoetida Powder – 2 pinches
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut the onion into big pieces.
- First dry roast the peanut.
- Then in a teaspoon of oil fry the onion and red chillies.
- Put fried onion, fried peanut, red chillies, tamarind and salt in a mixie jar and grind it to a coarse pasgte.
- Season it with mustard, asafoetida and curry leaves.
This onion peanut chutney can be served with most snacks or break fast items.