- Tomato – 2 Nos
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 3 Nos
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry size
- Urad dhal – 2 tablespoon
- Asafotida powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut tomatoes into big pieces.
- In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and fry Urad dhal till it turns slightly red. Add green chillies and fry for a while. Then add tamarind and fry that too for a second. Then add cut tomatoes and asafotida powder and fry for two to three minutes on a low flame. before removing add coriander leaves and fry just for a second. Switch off the stove. Allow to cool. Add a teaspoon of salt and grind altogether to a paste.
- Season it with mustard seeds.