- Potato – 4 Nos
- Onion – 2 Nos
- Green chillies – 4
- Red Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Milk – 1 cup
- Scrap the skin from potato and cut into medium size pieces. Cut the onion into small size pieces. Slit the green chillies slightly. Put all the above in a pressure cooker. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Add enough water to cover the potato completely. Cook for two to three whistles.
- Open the cooker and keep it on the stove. Add coconut milk and stir well. Keep the flame very low and allow to boil the stew.
- Serve with Appam or Idiyappam
- Note: You can put everything (except coconut milk) in a microwave dish and microwave it for four to five minutes or till the potatos are cooked well. Finally add coconut milk and again microwave for one more minute.