- Cooked Rice – 2 cups
- Gooseberry – 2 to 3
- Green Chillies – 2
- Curry Leaves – few
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Bengal Gram Dhal – 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – few drops
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Grate gooseberry finely or cut it into small pieces and grind it coarsely. Chop green chillies.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add Bengal gram dhal and Urad dhal and fry till it turn light brown. Add green chillies, curry leaves and grated gooseberry. Fry for two to three minutes in low heat. Add salt and the cooked rice and mix it well. Before removing add few drops lemon juice and stir it once again.
- Can be served with any kootu.
- Note: If you want little spicy rice, then you can grind green chillies along with gooseberry.