- 2 cups bengal gram dhal flour (Besan flour)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup ground nut (peanut)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon salt (or as per taste)
- One spring curry leaves
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix Bengal gram dhal flour, rice flour, ground nuts, red chilli powder, curry leaves, salt.
- Add one tablespoon hot oil and mix well.
- Just sprinkle handful of water and make a loose dough.
- Put this dough little by little into hot oil and deep fry till golden brown.
Have already made this peanut pakoda and it was simply grand. For a party, have to make this again. Can I make it the previous day and will it stay good?
Thank you for visiting my site. Yes. You can make it the previous day and keep it in an air tight container.
Please explain how we make the kadalai pakoda as we find in the markets. The individual peanuts wrapped in dough. Will this proportion hold good as well?
Kamala,Do we need to roast the peanuts for this recipe before adding or no need?
If you use raw peanut, then you have to fry and add. If you use the store bought pre-fried peanut, no need.
It is nicely presented. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe.
Thanks for the wonderful recipe!