- Urad dhal – 1 cup
- Mint chopped – ½ cup
- Black Pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- Soak urad dhal for 1 to 2 hours. Wash well and drain the water completely. Grind it to a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Crush or pound pepper and jeera to a coarse powder. Add this to the paste along with chopped mint and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Take out a lemon size dough, flatten it slightly and make a hole in the centre. Put it in the oil and fry till it turns light brown and crisp.