- Urad dhal – 1 cup
- Mint chopped – ½ cup
- Black Pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- Soak urad dhal for 1 to 2 hours. Wash well and drain the water completely. Grind it to a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Crush or pound pepper and jeera to a coarse powder. Add this to the paste along with chopped mint and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Take out a lemon size dough, flatten it slightly and make a hole in the centre. Put it in the oil and fry till it turns light brown and crisp.
The looks are so enticing … want to try out soon. In our house we usually make medhu vadas or little bondas but with hint of onions and green chillis. want to try your version. will let you know once i try it 🙂
I tried it, but the vada was little bit hard. please tell me how to make it crispy and soft like our usual vada.
To get a soft vada, you have to grind the dhal to a smooth paste. If you grind it coarsely, we may get crunchy but little hard vadas only.
tried mintvada…crispy & superb taste! thank U!
Thank you for the feed back.