Mullu MurukkuCourse: SnacksCuisine: Tamil, IndianDifficulty: Medium
A traditional snack made for special occasions and festivals.
Rice flour – 3 cups
Besan flour – 1 cup
Red Chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
Asafotida powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 2 teaspoons or as per taste
Butter or Ghee – 4 tablespoon
Oil for deep frying
- Sieve both rice and besan flour.
- Put it in a broad vessel. Add red chilli powder, asafetida and salt and mix well. Melt butter or ghee and pour over the flour. Mix once again. Divide the flour into 3 to 4 parts. Then add water little by little in one part of the flour and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a Kadai. Take small quantity of dough and put it in the Murukku Press with “single star” plate and squeeze it in circular motion directly to the hot oil. Fry till it becomes crispy and nice golden yellow. But ensure not to brown.
- Once the prepared dough is finished, then take another part of the flour and make dough and proceed as above.
- You can add two to three tablespoons of Pottukadalai Powder also to get more crispy Murukku.