- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Pottukadalai Powder – 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter or Ghee – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 and half teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Sieve both besan and rice flour. Put it in a broad vessel.
- Add pottukadalai powder, chilli powder, asafetida, butter and salt and mix by hand. Then add water little by little and make a dough.
- Take small quantity of dough and put it in the Murukku Press with Ribbon Pakoda plate and squeeze it in circular motion directly to the hot oil.
- Fry till it becomes crispy and nice golden yellow and not too brown. Take out from oil and store it in a airtight container.
Note:You can add a teaspoon of white til seeds in the flour. Instead of chilli powder, you can use pepper powder also. Instead of ghee/butter, you can add a laddle of hot oil in the flour and make the dough.
Instead of adding more rice flour, we can use 2 cups besan flour and one cup rice flour also. There is no hard and fast rule for ratio of flours for this pakoda.