- Carrot (big size) – 1
- Sago (Javvarisi) – 3 tablespoons
- Milk – 1/2 litre (2 big glasses)
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cashew Nuts – 15 Nos
- Raisins – few
- Cardamom Powder – 2 pinches
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Soak sago (Javvarisi) in water for about 1 hour. Soak cashew nuts (10 Nos) in little milk for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash and peel the skin from the carrot and cut it into medium size pieces. Cook the carrot in little water till it become soft.
- Wash and drain the water from soaked sago. Add one or two cups of water and cook till it become soft and shiny.
- Put the cooked carrot and soaked cashew nuts along with the milk in which it soaked in a mixie and grind it to a fine paste.
- In a heavy bottom vessel put the milk and bring to boil. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and add carrot paste and cooked sago and mix well. Add sugar and allow to boil for few minutes on medium flame.
- Fry few cashew nuts and raisins in a teaspoon of ghee and add it to the payasam along with cardamom powder. Stir well and remove.