- Ellu (Til seeds) – 1 cup
- Jaggery powdered – 3/4 cup
- cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- In a kadai put the Ellu and dry fry till it starts crackling. Remove and cool. Put it in a mixie and grind it just for two to three rounds. Then add powdered jaggery and again grind it for few seconds. Finally add cardamom powder and again run the mixie for one to two rounds. Remove and make a small lemon size balls.
- If you use white til seeds, reduce the quantity of jaggety to 1/2 cup and make this Urundai. It will be light brown in colour.
- It is a quick Prasad normally prepared for Vinayaka Chathurti/Krishna Jayanthi Festivals.