Maida HalwaCourse: SweetsCuisine: TamilDifficulty: Difficult
Maida (All purpose flour) – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 cups
Ghee – 1 cup
Orange colour – few drops
Cashew Nuts – 10 Nos
Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Add enough water to Maida and make a thin batter without any lumps. Add the color and stir well. Keep aside.
- Add half cup water to the sugar and bring it to boil.
- Allow to cook till it reaches one thread consistency.
- Now slowly pour the maida batter and stir continuously keeping it on low flame.
- When it starts thickening, add ghee little by little while stirring the halwa.
- Stir continuously till it leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Add cardamom powder and fried cashew nuts. Mix well.
- Transfer it to a greased plate and cut it into squares.