- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Jaggery powdered – 1 to 1 ½ cup
- Khoya – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Cashew nuts – few for garnishing
- In a kadai put one tablespoon ghee and when it is hot, add ragi flour and fry on medium flame till nice aroma comes out.
- Put jaggery powder in a thick bottomed vessel and add two cups of water and bring to boil. When it starts boiling and all the jaggery melted well, remove and strain it.
- Add jaggery water and mix thoroughly.
- When it starts thickening, add khoya. Keep it on medium flame and stir continuously till it become thick. Add remaining ghee and mix well.
- Finally add cardamom powder and mix well. Fry the cashew nuts in a teaspoon of ghee and add it to the halwa.
- Note: Instead of khoya, we can add milk powder too.